Friday, March 27, 2015

Largest class at Bridgerland Applied Technology College will graduate this summer

The interior design program at Bridgerland Applied Technology College will graduate its largest senior class this year.


Currently, the program currently has 13 students enrolled. Two high school students and four college students will be receiving their certificates of completion at the end of this semester.


“When I started the program in 2012 there were only four students including myself. So our program size has tripled in the past three years,” said Janae Wright, an interior design instructor.


Wright could only speculate as to why the program has grown but student Mikaela Sullivan said the program appealed to her because of cost and flexibility.


“I didn’t really want to pay that much to go to Utah State or another college, so I decided to go Bridgerland instead. It’s a lot cheaper and I will still get the same certificate as I would from a univeristy,” she said. “ I like that you learn at your own pace. It’s really good about making yourself accountable for your work.”

The other graduating seniors include Taylor Swenson, William Primmer, Kate Bennion, Natalie Howard and Carline Paulsen.

No comments:

Post a Comment