Saturday, April 11, 2015

K Studios finishes residence

Keturah Partridge, the owner of K Studios, completed a Hyde Park residence last week that posed some difficulties for her.


The residence was difficult for Partridge because the business is solely run by her and she needed to complete many things in a short amount of time.


“Sometimes I needed to be in four places at once,” she said.  


Partridge was contracted by a woman who wanted to surprise her husband while he was on a business trip. However Partridge was only notified a week before the job.


“Usually on a project like that I have a two or three month window where I can prep,” she said. “But this project was a surprise.”


Partridge said the project was filled with numerous setbacks.


“I had a contractor come in to build an entertainment center in the master bedroom,” she said. “We wanted him done and out before carpet but he definitely wasn't done.”


She was able to work around the contractor but the next obstacle was the carpenters.


“They didn't bring enough tape with them to get the back of the room put together and then they couldn't come back for two more days,” she said. “We just had to cover everything with plastic and continue working.”


Partridge said when things like this happen you just have to keep going.


“You just have to roll with it,” she said.


Overall Partridge said she was satisfied with how the project turned out.


“It’s hard to make everything come together without prep time,” she said. “But we were really lucky.”


Partridge said her client was pleased.


“It’s absolutely fabulous,” she said. “The husband actually said it looked like the Hotel Monaco. He just loved it.”


Partridge started her business two years ago and she usually completes projects on her own but she said she has to have her husband or sons help her occasionally.


Conner Partridge, her son, said that working on projects with his mother has influenced his own design decisions.


“It’s a little embarrassing but because I grew up around someone that works in interior design I know how to design a space,” he said. “I grew up watching interior design shows and I've actually become pretty good.”
Keturah Partridge said she’s considered expanding because having an extra pair of hands would be helpful, but for now she likes her business the way it is.


“I love that it’s my own. My schedule is my own, my deadlines are my own, anything I choose is my own. I have complete control over that,” she said. “It’s completely me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment